Definition of resuspend in English:
Place (cells or particles) in suspension in a fluid again.
- This residual volume was vortexed vigorously for 5 seconds at medium speed to resuspend the cells and cellular debris.
- Finely divided pulp debris and dead yeast cells which are very small settle more slowly and are easily resuspended by currents within the settling vessel.
- Tidal processes constantly winnow the substrate surface in the submerged mouthbar front, and resuspend mud and silt into the water.
- 1resuspension noun
- Example sentences
- After resuspension in 1 mM chloride extracellular medium, cells were isolated by gentle trituration.
- Ten milliliters of the formalin was processed by a procedure that included concentrating the supernatant via a short period of centrifugation followed by resuspension of the pellets in 95% ethanol.
- The removal, washing, centrifuging, and resuspension of mucus can activate cells and confound the cell and solute information.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.