- A carboxylic acid, obtained from retinol by oxidation and used in ointments to treat acne.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C19H27COOH
- For the research, Stephensen exposed mouse immune-system cells, in petri dishes, to a form of vitamin A known as retinoic acid, along with a protein that mimics an infectious microbe.
- For the study, 266 long-time smokers who had kicked the habit at least one year previously were randomly assigned to receive two forms of retinoic acid - commonly known as vitamin A - or a placebo.
- Because of the known teratogenic side effects of high-dose vitamin A, there is limited application of retinoic acid for women of reproductive age.
More definitions of retinoic acidDefinition of retinoic acid in:
- The US English dictionary