- Relating to or preserving the spatial relations of the sensory receptors of the retina: the retinotopic arrangement of fibres in cat optic nerveMore example sentences
- This number, as well as the spatial resolution of the retinotopic maps and of the somatotopic and cochleotopic maps, measured by comparable techniques are still poorly known across taxa.
- Information from these receptors is processed in the optic lobes of the brain which are divided into three subsequent retinotopic neuropils named, respectively, the lamina, medulla, and lobula.
- More example sentences
- Anisotropic axes in orientation perception are not retinotopically mapped.
- Many areas preserve the spatial structure of at least part of the retina, and hence are called retinotopically mapped.