adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- Situated or occurring behind the peritoneum.More example sentences
- A retroperitoneal lesion was dissected that appeared to be an abnormally large tail of the pancreas.
- The patient was started on heparin, and a percutaneous, ultrasound-guided needle core biopsy of the retroperitoneal mass was performed.
- Microscopically, sections from the retroperitoneal masses consisted of spindle cell proliferation involving the lymph node and extending into adjoining soft tissue.
More definitions of retroperitonealDefinition of retroperitoneal in:
- The US English dictionary