Definition of retroreflector in English:
A device which reflects light back along the incident path, irrespective of the angle of incidence.
- After collimation, the central part of the measurement beam travels to the target retroreflector through an annular mirror that returns the outer annulus of the beam, which acts as the reference.
- The corner-cube retroreflectors can be molded in the mouse, or micro-corner-cube retroreflective sheeting can be die cut and attached.
- During the 4 ½ hour spacewalk, ISS commander Gennady Padalka and ISS Flight Engineer Mike Fincke removed old laser retroreflectors and installed new ones together with a videometer target assembly.
- Example sentences
- A digital camera takes a series of photos of the retroreflective targets from different angles and different rotations, with an additional photograph taken from the digital video camera installed in the vehicle.
- Self-illuminated pavement markers offer certain advantages over conventional retroreflective markers, the most obvious being their visibility.
- Reflexite makes retroreflective materials for use in work-zone signing and on garments, drums, cones, and other equipment.
Definition of retroreflector in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan