(Of the uterus) tilted abnormally backwards.
More example sentences
- A retroverted, easily mobile uterus can usually be easily manipulated during surgery, but a fixed uterus cannot.
- In dromaeosaurs and birds, the pubic boot extends caudally and the pubis evolved a retroverted, or backward directed, position.
late 18th century: from Latin retrovertere 'turn backwards' + -ed2.
- More example sentences
- When femoral retroversion is unilateral, it is more common on the right side.
- Lastly, if the total range of rotational motion is unchanged between the dominant and nondominant shoulders, the differences in humeral retroversion may account for the differences observed in altered motion.
- We have postulated that baseball players, specifically pitchers, must adapt with an increase in humeral head retroversion in their dominant shoulder to reach an elite level and to have a decreased chance of injury.
Definition of retroverted in:
- The US English dictionary