noun[mass noun] Physiology
- The absorption by a presynaptic nerve ending of a neurotransmitter that it has secreted.More example sentences
- Cocaine acts by inhibiting norepinephrine reuptake in peripheral sympathetic nerve terminals as well as stimulating central sympathetic outflow.
- They prolong the effect of a neurotransmitter by blocking its reuptake after it ferries a signal across the gap from one nerve cell to the next.
- The drug blocks reuptake of noradrenaline and serotonin, promoting satiety.
More definitions of reuptakeDefinition of reuptake in:
- The US English dictionary