Definition of revolting in English:
Causing intense disgust; disgusting: there was a revolting smell that lingered in the air
More example sentences
- There seems to be a competition going on amongst the senior managers to see who can wear the silliest or most revolting tie.
- Then you become hugely desirable, in a revolting sort of way.
- Diego Martin has suddenly become the scene of some of the most revolting crimes.
- [as submodifier]: when I was a kid I was revoltingly precociousMore example sentences
- Yesterday was revoltingly hot and I woke with lower abdominal pain.
- It wasn't so long ago that most of the food we eat did not come from revoltingly massive force-feed farms, or from fields laden with toxic chemicals, soaked in nitrogen fertilizer, and stuffed with genetically modified seed.
- So yesterday I get a call from Michael at Newcastle Herald or some such Fairfaxian publication, for a bit of an interview with me about this very blog, which will hopefully make me revoltingly famous and internationally lauded.