Definition of revolver in English:
1A pistol with revolving chambers enabling several shots to be fired without reloading.
- The weapons included a revolver, a semi-automatic pistol and a sub-machine gun.
- As Luke Fine drew and fired his Colt revolver, Charlie spun to his left as the bullets whizzed by him.
- That's why full-size and large-frame pistols and revolvers sell better than pocket handguns.
2An agreement to provide revolving credit.
- For good measure, O'Brien also won approval for his company's new international Swiss holding company to borrow directly against the revolver.
- On Thursday, the parent of American Airlines, AMR Corp., said it planned to draw from its $255 million revolver to reduce its credit card reserves, following similar actions in the last week from General Motors, Goodyear Tire & Rubber and a handful of other companies.
- In a business context, a revolver frequently is secured by the borrower's receivables and/or inventory.
Words that rhyme with revolversolver
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan