- A non-contagious acute fever marked by inflammation and pain in the joints. It chiefly affects young people and is caused by a streptococcal infection.More example sentences
- Complications of sore throat that presented a serious problem in the past, such as acute rheumatic fever and post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis, have become extremely rare in affluent Western communities
- During the first half of the twentieth century it was used for the control of both acute pain and chronic inflammatory conditions such as rheumatic fever.
- Carditis associated with rheumatic fever manifests as pericarditis, myocarditis, and most commonly, endocarditis.
More definitions of rheumatic feverDefinition of rheumatic fever in:
- The US English dictionary