- An imitation diamond, used in cheap jewellery and to decorate clothes: a canary-yellow suit studded with rhinestones [as modifier]: rhinestone earringsMore example sentences
- She was decked out in a pair of expensive jeans with artfully studded rhinestones, an off-the-shoulder shirt in pale pink, heels that I'd never before seen in her closet, and stunning, yet simple jewelry.
- The crossbones are oversized, and the whole thing's studded with rhinestones - except the skull's eyes, each of which is a black plastic gem of some sort.
- The white satin dress is made from almost 300 feet of material, and embroidered with 1,500 crystal rhinestones and pearls.
late 19th century: translating French caillou du Rhin, literally 'pebble of the Rhine'.
More definitions of rhinestoneDefinition of rhinestone in:
- The US English dictionary