noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose, caused by a virus infection (e.g. the common cold) or by an allergic reaction (e.g. hay fever).More example sentences
- The risk of asthma, allergic rhinitis, and atopic dermatitis was also significantly higher.
- Many physicians make a presumptive diagnosis of allergic rhinitis based on the medical history.
- Allergic rhinitis is most commonly caused by grass pollen, but tree and weed pollens and mould spores can also cause attacks.
More definitions of rhinitisDefinition of rhinitis in:
- The US English dictionary