Definition of rhomb in English:
1A rhombohedral crystal.
- The interlocking, euhedral, rhombs of dolomite have an idiotopic texture.
- Further on was another pocket, also in the ceiling; it was about 1.6 x 1.6 meters and completely lined with equant rhombs of calcite, each about 13 cm across.
- Concurrent with this, the entire pectinirhomb becomes greatly protuberant along a large, thinwalled ridge spanning the incurrent and excurrent half rhombs.
- The picture above is made up of two shapes of rhombus or rhombs - that is, ‘pushed-over squares’ where each shape has all sides of the same length.
- In brief, the game comes with 40 rhombs and 18 triangles which two players alternately place on a six-sided board with nine triangles on each side.
- The adenosine base frequency is represented by gray rhombs, cytosine frequency by black rectangles, guanine frequency by gray triangles, and thymine frequency by black circles.
- Example sentences
- Fold each piece into a rhombic unit as shown below.
- In particular, if a rhombic dodecahedron is marked with conical bumps and nicks on its faces so as to be combinatorially unbalanced, a simple counting argument reveals that the maximum possible Heesch number is 8.
- The pectoral fin is set low on the lateral flank behind the notch of the cleithrum and is supported by a small rounded lobe covered with minute rhombic scales.
Definition of rhomb in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India