Definition of rhythmic gymnastics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
A form of gymnastics emphasizing dance-like rhythmic routines, typically accentuated by the use of ribbons or hoops: rhythmic gymnastics is a blend of dance, drama, and music
More example sentences
- Power tumbling has replaced rhythmic gymnastics as another phase of the meet.
- On one specific occasion, the men in the group correctly answered questions on Jean Paul Gaultier and rhythmic gymnastics, making the game surprisingly amusing for all of us.
- The obvious retort is to claim that figure-skating is a technical sport that exists to extol the virtues of sporting art, just like synchronised swimming or rhythmic gymnastics.
rhythmic gymnast noun
- Example sentences
- Her affection for indie dates back to her teens, when she represented Wales as a rhythmic gymnast in the 1990 Commonwealth Games and then studied for her A-levels in Leeds.
- In an another unconventional piece, a female rhythmic gymnast performs on the rings, an apparatus traditionally used by male athletes.
- The show was choreographed by rhythmic gymnast Mariana Yosifova and staged by members of the Zarenitsa ensemble.
Definition of rhythmic gymnastics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.