noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless crystalline compound which is formed by reduction of ribose and occurs in certain plants.
More example sentences
- An alcohol; chemical formula: HOCH2(CHOH)3CH2OH
- A single molecule of ribitol or arabitol was positioned in the periplasmic space at the beginning of each interactive simulation.
- The ribitol teichoic acid is usually in the cell wall, and the glycerol teichoic acid is in the cell membrane, the periplasmic region, or in the cell.
- These clones putatively encode UDP-galactose 4-epimerase, trehalose - 6-phosphate phosphatase, glucose and ribitol dehydrogenase, and ribitol dehydrogenase.
More definitions of ribitolDefinition of ribitol in:
- The US English dictionary