Speaking or expressed in riddles; enigmatic: the riddling sphinx
More example sentences
- I regarded her as an archeologist might regard the riddling Sphinx.
- Knowing that either revealing this secret or pretending not to have solved the riddle will bring about his death, Pericles gives a riddling answer, whereby he warns the King without exposing him.
- The key scene is one in which Nathan is forced by Saladin to declare whether Jews, Muslims or Christians represent the true faith: he answers with a riddling fable and a plea for humility before the love of God.
- More example sentences
- Not as tricky as it sounded, though my result is pompous, Romanticised and riddlingly obscure.
Definition of riddling in:
- The US English dictionary