Deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd: that ridiculous tartan cap it seems absolutely ridiculous that anyone would try to pull a stunt like this
More example sentences
- Just as he has the right to ask for a ridiculous rent increase, you have the right to fight it.
- The discussion about everything else we should be blaming and banning is just ridiculous.
- Why are we not aware of the ridiculous amounts spent on such white elephants?
laughable, absurd, comical, funny, hilarious, humorous, risible, derisory, droll, amusing, entertaining, diverting, chucklesome, farcical, slapstick, silly, facetious, ludicrous, hysterical, riotous, side-splitting
informal crazy, priceless
pointless, senseless, silly, foolish, foolhardy, stupid, inane, nonsensical, fatuous, childish, puerile, half-baked, hare-brained, scatterbrained, feather-brained, ill-thought-out, ill-conceived, crackpot, idiotic, brainless, mindless, witless, vacuous, asinine, moronic
absurd, preposterous, stupid, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, comical, risible, nonsensical, pointless, senseless, insane, unreasonable, irrational, illogical, outrageous, shocking, astonishing, monstrous, unbelievable, incredible, unthinkable
- More example sentences
- Phone Booth is one of those loony concept movies that is so implausible, so unbelievable, that it actually manages to work despite its ridiculousness.
- Curry plays Arthur as a mildly world-weary but genial uncle figure, perplexed but beamingly amused by the ridiculousness of the situation he finds himself in.
- He captures the spirit of whimsy that informs the text, without losing sight of serious themes such as the ridiculousness of intellectual pretention or the horrors of old age.