- The political views or policies of the right: conservatism or rightism is an ideology that carries with it certain valuesMore example sentences
- What Americans saw as exotic Islamist ‘fundamentalism’ in Iran concealed a kaleidoscopic brew of leftism, rightism, populism, nationalism, utopianism, messianism, fascism, and not least, gangsterism.
- Yet, this is so much more than a simple bout of radical rightism in American foreign policy.
- Radical rightism remained within the Republican party with Newt Gringrich's Contract With America campaign of 1994, and with Pat Buchanan's campaigns for the party's nomination in 1992 and 1996.
- More example sentences
- There was the full spectrum: liberals, conservatives, centrists, extreme rightists, social democrats and socialists.
- His government consists of fellow rightists and veterans of previous military regimes and the Duvalier dictatorship.
- Giving some indication of the insurrectionary mood amongst Israeli rightists is the announced resignation of Brigadier-General Efi Eitam.
More definitions of rightismDefinition of rightism in:
- The US English dictionary