- 1A small stream.More example sentences
- The rill was a parched ravine now, as though some convulsion of the earth had bled the region dry of its lifeblood.
- Slowing as Sara's viewpoint neared the surface, more and more details became clearer - craters large and small, passing rills and distant mountains, boulders everywhere.
- A linked watercourse is planned, with cascades, ponds and rills.
- 1.1A shallow channel cut in the surface of soil or rocks by running water.More example sentences
- The characteristic forms of water erosion are rills and gullies.
- These streams appear from the crevices of the rocks running through rills and gullies.
- Flow velocity increases, and the increased energy detaches more soil particles and transports them in tiny channels called rills.
- 1.2 variant spelling of rille.
mid 16th century: probably of Low German origin.
More definitions of rillDefinition of rill in:
- The US English dictionary