- A drum stroke in which the stick strikes the rim and the head of the drum simultaneously.More example sentences
- It was cool, though, because during it one of the percussionists was walking through the crowd beating a rim-shot.
- ‘Privacy,’ for example, features an electric piano accompanying what sounds like rustling pages as well as a hi-hat, cymbals, and rimshots.
- ‘Is She a Sign’ initially couches its tale of the pathetic in a fitting sleeve of light rimshots and decaying bass notes, later rocking out with the assistance of guitar and piano.
More definitions of rim-shotDefinition of rim-shot in:
- The US English dictionary