- A singing game played by children, in which the players hold hands and dance in a circle, falling down at the end of the song.More example sentences
- Come on, we're all going to play ring a ring o' roses now.
- Kindergarten kids form a circle and sing "Ring a Ring O' Roses".
- "Lets play ring-around-a-rosy!" she declared.
said to refer to the inflamed (‘rose-coloured’) ring of buboes, symptomatic of the plague; the final part of the game is symbolic of death.
More definitions of ring-a-ring o' rosesDefinition of ring-a-ring o' roses in:
- The US English dictionary