- A contagious itching skin disease occurring in small circular patches, caused by any of a number of fungi and affecting chiefly the scalp or the feet. The commonest form is athlete’s foot. Also called tinea.More example sentences
- Carefully check, too, for any rashes or flaky skin on the scalp - which could signify anything from scalp ringworm to dermatitis.
- It's not a fun topic, but your feet can suffer from a variety of fungal infections that are a form of tinea, or ringworm.
- However, if left untreated, ringworm may cause permanent scarring.
More definitions of ringwormDefinition of ringworm in:
- The US English dictionary