1A view or prospect of a river.
- But surveys show that the environmental benefits of riverscapes are high up on people's list of priorities, with flood defences, understandably, of particular concern.
- Not only are they unable to visit foreign countries, but in their own environment they are barred from escorting tourists outside the riverscape and old city.
- Each time the waters swelled and raged through the passage there at the bridge, their recession revealed an altered riverscape.
1.1A painting of a river or riverside scene.
- His peaceful, poised riverscapes were a formula pioneered by Daubigny, while several canvases looking straight out to sea, including The Sea at Pourville, were used as studies of different effects of light on the water.
- Not just because this wall-sized riverscape reflects what must have been the artist's immersion and ruthlessly honest encounter with the landscape, but because it has an intensity that penetrates far, far below the surface.
Definition of riverscape in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.