- 1The material laid down to form a road.More example sentences
- Add such attachments as scarifiers, and graders can even tear up old roadbeds.
- Culverts - metal, plastic or concrete pipes installed under roadbeds to channel runoff - are not always the best solution for drainage, but they are common and sometimes necessary.
- A minority of these roads, although listed with a carriageway of constant thickness, may have had a similar surface profile, provided the roadbed on which they were formed had a central camber.
- 1.1North American The part of a road on which vehicles travel.More example sentences
- These carefully concealed elevators, built within the highway tunnels located in Portland's West Hills, will have the capacity to lift both vehicles and helicopters to the highway roadbed.
- The board said it believes someone crept down to the dusty roadbed after the last vehicle went by and dug in a mine to catch the next passing vehicle.
- Road damage starts when buses and other heavy vehicles over a certain weight threshold cause the roadbed to flex and crack.
More definitions of roadbedDefinition of roadbed in:
- The US English dictionary