- 1A container, oven, furnace, or apparatus for roasting something: my mother used to cook poultry in an oval-lidded roasterMore example sentences
- The two of them took the heavy iron roaster from the oven and set it on the metal rack protecting the counter top.
- On the deck was a large picnic table, and just before the deck was a spot for a campfire and a pig roaster and grill.
- A reverberating furnace with two hearths heated a roaster to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit to calcine the ore.
- 1.1A foodstuff that is particularly suitable for roasting, especially a chicken: if you are using a roaster instead of a boiler, 45 to 50 minutes will cook itMore example sentences
- The roasters didn't have that weird yellow color like many commercial chickens.
- In this part of the country, fryers have squeezed roasters out of existence in food markets.
- They are dual-purpose birds that lay eggs well and produce good roasters reasonably fast.
More definitions of roasterDefinition of roaster in:
- The US English dictionary