- A large terrestrial crablike crustacean which climbs coconut palms to feed on the nuts, found on islands in the Indo-Pacific area. Also called coconut crab.
More example sentences
- Birgus latro, family Paguridae
- The protected robber crab - the largest on earth - also survives here.
- The largest of these is the coconut or robber crab, which has even managed to evolve a skin tough enough to discard the need for a shell.
- The only obstacle in her way were the large robber crabs everywhere in this area of the course.
More definitions of robber crabDefinition of robber crab in:
- The US English dictionary