- 1A form of popular music which evolved from rock and roll and pop music during the mid and late 1960s. Harsher and often self-consciously more serious than its predecessors, it was initially characterized by musical experimentation and drug-related or anti-establishment lyrics.More example sentences
- Popular rock music has always been something of a multimedia product, since image is so intrinsically tied into the success of most recording artists.
- One of the reasons that rock music is so popular is that people are doing it at all levels.
- It's interesting how rock music and classical art music have converged at the electronic level.
- 1.1 another term for rock and roll.More example sentences
- Yet once the Fab Four wiped the old school sound off the charts, many of the most influential performers who originated the rules and rhythms of rock music were obliterated as well.
- By bookending the action with the Bill Haley and the Comets' song, ‘Rock Around the Clock,’ the film also became the first mainstream picture to feature rock music on the soundtrack.
More definitions of rock musicDefinition of rock music in:
- The US English dictionary