Definition of root canal in English:
1The pulp-filled cavity in the root of a tooth.
- Afterwards, the tooth is sealed by placing a rubbery filling into the root canal.
- Seven hundred years ago this man would have been suffering from terrible toothache: the pulp cavity was exposed and the infection had passed down the root canal to form an abscess in the jaw.
- Restorative dentistry also includes endodontics (treating the pulps or root canals of teeth) and prosthodontics.
1.1North American A procedure to replace infected pulp in a root canal with an inert material.
- Of course, the security of paying a set premium every month rather than $1, 000 for a root canal right before Christmas is worth something.
- Anyway, when I went to the dentist, he told me I needed a total root canal.
- Done poorly, it is more painful than a root canal without novocaine.
Definition of root canal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.