Definition of roseola in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
1A rose-coloured rash occurring in measles, typhoid fever, syphilis, and some other diseases.
- Most other respiratory viruses (such as regular measles, mumps, roseola, mononucleosis [‘mono’] and bronchiolitis) don't seem to increase the normal risk for birth defects.
- In your daughter's case, I think she may be having either heat rash, eczema, rubella or bacterial infection - but not chicken pox, measles or roseola because these are accompanied by high fever.
1.1 (in full roseola infantum /ɪnˈfantəm/) A disease of young children in which a fever is followed by a rash, caused by a herpesvirus.
- Roseola (also known as sixth disease, exanthem subitum, and roseola infantum) is a viral illness in young children, most commonly affecting children between the ages of 6 months and 2 years.
- Seizures are most likely to occur early in an illness (such as roseola, colds, gastrointestinal infection) when the fever is rising quickly.
- Illnesses that most commonly cause febrile convulsions include viral upper respiratory infections such as flu, ear infections, or roseola (a virus causing a temperature and rash).
Definition of roseola in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan