nounAnatomy , chiefly North American
- A tough sheath of tendons and ligaments that supports the arm at the shoulder joint.More example sentences
- The rotators of the hip are like the rotator cuff of the shoulder.
- You don't need to be a major-league fastballer to have problems with your rotator cuff - the sheath of muscle that connects your arm to your shoulder.
- Tendinitis of the shoulder, particularly the rotator cuff, is prevalent among swimmers and athletes who perform repeated overhead motions.
More definitions of rotator cuffDefinition of rotator cuff in:
- The US English dictionary