- Any of a group of RNA viruses, some of which cause acute enteritis in humans.More example sentences
- In recent years, the existence of different types of human rotaviruses has been demonstrated by immunological assays and gel electrophoretic analysis of viral RNA.
- Symptomatic human rotaviruses were detected in 57 of 352 specimens by RNA-PAGE.
- Gastroenteritis is caused mainly by viruses, such as the rotaviruses commonly found in infected shellfish.
1970s: modern Latin, from Latin rota 'wheel' + virus.
More definitions of rotavirusDefinition of rotavirus in:
- The US English dictionary