noun[mass noun] • informal
- Poor-quality and potentially harmful alcoholic drink: not that fearful rotgut you drink [as modifier]: rotgut whiskyMore example sentences
- When the heart truly aches, it doesn't matter whether you're drinking single-malt scotch or rotgut.
- After all, the whole lime/salt ritual was originally meant to mask the taste of rotgut tequila.
- If asked to put a name to their poison, they'd call rye, corn, booze, hooch, eel juice or rotgut.
More definitions of rotgutDefinition of rotgut in:
- The US English dictionary