1A restaurant specializing in roasted or barbecued meat.
- Far from the ‘sauce brune’ you get at other rotisseries, sauces here include red curry and bamboo shoots, lemon, chilli and mango chutney and ginger with Asian mushrooms.
- Ragueneau's pastry shop and rotisserie is abuzz with movement.
- The proprietor of a famous bakery and rotisserie, he is known as a patron of the arts, and is also a poet himself.
2A cooking appliance with a rotating spit for roasting and barbecuing meat.
- There are pizza ovens, griddles, infrared rotisseries, built-in woks, deep-fryers - you can customize your outdoor kitchen to suit the food you cook and the way you want to entertain.
- Most spend an hour or two on a rotisserie, but some are oven-roasted, others grilled.
- A poured concrete floor without mats made me cringe, but the windows were spotless, the sinks were empty, the rotisseries shiny and squeaky clean.
Mid 19th century: from French rôtisserie, from rôtir 'to roast'.
Words that rhyme with rotisseriepâtisserie
Definition of rotisserie in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.