A small West African antelope with an arched back, short neck, and a red and brown coat.
- Neotragus pygmaeus, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- The former is slightly below the size range of the smallest extant bovid, the royal antelope; the latter is slightly above the size range of the largest extant bovid, the Asian water buffalo.
- It's a wonderful introduction to places and creatures rarely heard about, from the kagu (an endangered bird from the island of New Caledonia) to the rare royal antelope of the Guinean forests of West Africa.
- The delicate pygmy antelopes include the royal antelope, beira, klipspringer, oribi, grysbok, steinbok, dik-dik, and suni.
Definition of royal antelope in:
- The US English dictionary