A New World palm which is widely cultivated as an avenue tree.
- Genus Roystonea, family Palmae: several species, in particular R. regia
More example sentences
- The rolling fairways are lined with coconut trees, royal palms and tall pines, and a small creek bisects the course.
- Directly behind la Darse you will find the Place de la Victoire with its stands of mango trees and tall royal palms.
- Eventually the gardens became more ornamental and this is largely what you see today, with an avenue of huge royal palms and the ponds with their vast lilies, frilly edged saucers a metre or more across.
More definitions of royal palmDefinition of royal palm in:
- The US English dictionary