- Wrinkled; corrugated: rugose coralsMore example sentences
- The calcareous algae, stromatoporoids, tabulate corals, and rugose corals became conspicuous reef-builders throughout the tropical seas.
- Scientists showed that diseases such as Aucuba mosaic, calico mosaic, latent virus, leaf rolling mosaic, mild mosaic, rugose mosaic, and severe mosaic are viral in nature.
- The leaf texture is quilted, or rugose, because the veins are depressed below the surface.
- More example sentences
- The reassigned material differs from described species of Exostinus (E. lancensis, E. serratus) in terms of the degree of dermal rugosity.
- The tibia is slender but not sinuous, and the fibula lacks a proximal rugosity, both characteristics of Stagonolepis.
- Some rugosity is present on the anterior tips of both fragments, but not on the remainder of the bones as preserved.
late Middle English: from Latin rugosus, from ruga 'wrinkle'.
More definitions of rugoseDefinition of rugose in:
- The US English dictionary