- A holy man, sage, or ascetic.More example sentences
- India is the birthplace of Hinduism as well as Buddhism, motherland of Sikhs and Jains, the abode of more rishis, sadhus, mahatmas, and maharishis than any place on earth.
- Those who follow the fast track, mostly men, are the sadhus, the ‘holy men’ of India.
- It was at times as if the Western press was reflecting the images of a colonial India: mysterious Pagan rites, naked sadhus, teeming masses praying to an alien God.
More definitions of sadhuDefinition of sadhu in:
- The US English dictionary