Definition of sadism in English:
- They include auto-mutilation of her genitals with a razor, voyeurism, taking sexual pleasure in urination, sadism, and masochism.
- This showed that CPA was an effective agent in the treatment of very severe paraphilias, in this case sexual sadism and pedophilia that resulted in a sexually motivated homicide.
- Yet this scenario of male sadism and necrophiliac fetishism, this duality of adoration and humiliation does not feel quite right.
- Example sentences
- Jeffrey Dahmer was not a sadist, necrophiliac and cannibal who preyed on 16 children and young males ‘in a vacuum’.
- The most dangerous type of rapist is the sexual sadist.
- There is a world of difference between animals tortured and killed for the pleasure of sadists, and animals stunned (which the law requires) and killed for food.
During several periods of imprisonment in the later 18th and early 19th centuries, French writer and soldier the Marquis de Sade ( 1740–1814) wrote pornographic books. One sexual perversion in particular fascinated him, arousal from inflicting pain on others. The French named it sadisme after him, and English adopted the word as sadism in the 1880s. See also masochism
Words that rhyme with sadismnudism • Sufism • ageism
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.