- A device that prevents a gun being fired or a machine being operated accidentally.More example sentences
- ‘I want to kill the foreigners in Kunduz, then go to school and become an engineer,’ says Ramazani smiling, as he constantly fiddles with the safety catch of his assault rifle.
- And then it was decided to pin the safety catch into the ‘fire’ position, presumably on the theory that the cops would be too stupid to manipulate it correctly.
- This independent testing ensured that the new holster variant did not, for example, shift the safety catch to fire or depress the magazine release catch when a pistol was inserted or removed.
More definitions of safety catchDefinition of safety catch in:
- The US English dictionary