- A protective fireclay box enclosing ceramic ware while it is being fired.More example sentences
- It is hard to know whether the saggers were being fired by a large Iraqi force or a small but determined one.
- When we finally reached the spot at which we estimated they had fired the saggar, there was nothing.
- I finally decided to use a ‘sagger,’ a container in which the pottery is placed, along with a combustible material (sawdust).
mid 18th century: probably a contraction of the noun safeguard.
More definitions of saggarDefinition of saggar in:
- The US English dictionary