past and past participle of say
- Used in legal language or humorously to refer to someone or something already mentioned or named: acting in pursuance of the said agreementMore example sentences
- Although the issue was debated at length at the national roads board work programme and that a commitment was made by the ministry to make available the said document, nothing has been done.
- Mike Davis, the author of the said article, is the founder of Colorprep.
- It was at the time when the said Rita lived in the neighborhood.
More definitions of saidDefinition of said in:
- The US English dictionary