Definition of sailcloth in English:
1Canvas or other material used for making sails.
- Dacron sails have also largely replaced canvas sailcloth.
- Constructed of fine sailcloth, the sails range from four-meter rectangles for beginners, eight meter for all around use and a large 11-meter sail for use in the lightest wind conditions.
- Nelson's ships sailed into action with sailcloth mostly coming from Dundee with Baxter's stamps all over it.
1.1A canvas-like fabric used for making durable weatherproof clothes: their trousers were made from sturdy sailcloth
More example sentences
- None of my clothes fit and I had to have dungarees made out of sailcloth.
- Made of 70% cotton / 30% nylon oxford sailcloth with a 100% cotton poplin body lining.
- Most of them have good suits and bizdev-guy blue sailcloth shirts.
Definition of sailcloth in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan