- A salt or ester of salicylic acid.More example sentences
- Originally salicylates (salts of salicylic acid) were obtained from the bark and leaves of willow and poplar trees; indeed ‘salicylate’ derives from the title of the willow genus, Salix.
- The principal UVB absorbers are para-aminobenzoic acid derivatives, salicylates, cinnamates and camphor derivatives and microfine titanium dioxide.
- Modern compositions use other unstable, albeit somewhat less hazardous, aromatic compounds such as gallic acid or the salts of aromatic acids including sodium salicylate and potassium benzoate.
More definitions of salicylateDefinition of salicylate in:
- The US English dictionary