- An Italian aniseed-flavoured liqueur: a glass of flaming sambuca [count noun]: a good few sambucas were consumed before he finally tottered into a taxiMore example sentences
- The number of people who finish the evening off with an amaretto, sambuca, cognac, or brandy is on the decline, he says.
- From a height of at least 1 foot, the forfeitee pours the flaming sambuca into the empty spare glass.
- The bartender lines up two half-pint glasses and pours them full of sambuca, before flicking a match at them.
Italian, from Latin sambucus 'elder tree'.
More definitions of sambucaDefinition of sambuca in:
- The US English dictionary