(also sancocho /-ˈkɒtʃəʊ/)
- (In South America and the Caribbean) a thick soup consisting of meat and root vegetables.More example sentences
- Nonetheless, substantial stews and soups called sancocho or ajiaco, as in Colombia, are common.
- Two popular dishes are sancocho - a soup made with meat and vegetables, and tazajo - ox meat beaten thin and grilled and covered with a tomato sauce.
- Another favorite dish is sancocho, a meat, plantain, and vegetable stew.
from Latin American Spanish sancocho 'a stew'.
More definitions of sancocheDefinition of sancoche in:
- The US English dictionary