A light shoe with either an openwork upper or straps attaching the sole to the foot: they were dressed in open-toed sandals
More example sentences
- Wear high-top hiking shoes or sneakers - never sandals, or your feet will suffer.
- It features a sling-back strap, which not only secure the sandal to your foot, but also offers a lovely, sensible heel.
- The only thing the head honcho enforces is that employees wear something on their feet - sneakers or sandals will do.
sandalled (US sandaled) adjective
- Example sentences
- He tickles my leg under the table with his sandalled feet.
- My sandalled feet curled on the soft mink carpet and I gaped at the walls and walls of clothes that circled the whole place.
- But he'd already started to walk back along the overgrown path, angrily shaking his sandaled feet to dislodge the crawling ants.
Words that rhyme with sandalcandle, Coromandel, dandle, Handel, handle, mishandle, Randall, scandal, vandal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan