noun[mass noun] • formal or • humorous
- Lesbianism.More example sentences
- Which is why Queensland's finest are on their way to Malaysia - home of the world's only herd of wild cattle - to prove that a carefree life of leisure reduces the incidence of bovine sapphism.
- Indeed, Australian researchers recently demonstrated that sapphism among cows may well be caused by environmental pressures and the stress of domestication.
- Of course, it's been a few years since the press first declared that sapphism was no longer subversive but chic, and much of the fuss has subsided.
More definitions of sapphismDefinition of sapphism in:
- The US English dictionary