Definition of sarcastic in English:
Marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt: making sarcastic comments I think they’re being sarcastic
More example sentences
- How are you supposed to follow the story when you're constantly making sarcastic comments about the hammy acting?
- His sarcastic comment brought her out of her reverie like a bucket of cold water.
- I tried to think of a nasty sarcastic comment to make him leave me alone, but none came to mind.
- Example sentences
- You've got to hand it to the man often referred to, both lovingly and sarcastically, as Quinninho.
- Many songs would use the line seriously but here it is used sarcastically.
- The title of the movie is either sarcastically literal or completely ironic.
Words that rhyme with sarcasticbombastic, drastic, dynastic, ecclesiastic, elastic, encomiastic, enthusiastic, fantastic, gymnastic, iconoclastic, mastic, monastic, neoplastic, orgastic, orgiastic, periphrastic, plastic, pleonastic, scholastic, scholiastic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.