- A small East Asian winter-flowering shrub of the box family, with white or pink flowers and black or red berries.
More example sentences
- Genus Sarcococca, family Buxaceae
- From now through mid-March, deciduous trees show off their elegant forms, primroses are in flower, and winter bloomers such as witch hazel and sarcococca are perfuming the air.
- Gardenia, jasmine, sarcococca, and sweet olive fill the air with perfume.
- The stone walls are studded with plantings of clematis, espaliered trees, and a sarcococca plant - a fragrant evergreen that blooms in early spring.
modern Latin, from Greek sarx, sarc- 'flesh' + kokkos 'berry'.