Definition of satanism in English:
The worship of Satan, typically involving a travesty of Christian symbols and practices, such as placing a cross upside down.
- In Là-bas he played with satanism and black magic.
- Police had also established that he had denounced satanism and was in the process of converting to Christianity.
- As they point out, satanism as a phenomenon has appeared and disappeared on the social scene throughout history, almost in a cyclical fashion.
- Example sentences
- What is a sane man to say about the assorted Rosicrucians, Theosophists, occultists, satanists and conspiracy theorists who have since taken possession of the grail legend?
- Today I was thinking about all the times that I've been wearing my pentacle and someone's asked if I'm a satanist.
- And none of them are satanists or members of the occult.
Pronunciation: /ˈseɪt(ə)nɪst/noun& adjective
Definition of satanism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan